Networker

[Networker] Q about a storage node for restore only

2009-11-18 12:50:17
Subject: [Networker] Q about a storage node for restore only
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 12:47:36 -0500
I've never configured a storage node with a tape drive before, only AFTD
devices. I installed the client software, specifiying storage node, and my
NW 7.4.5 server recognized it as a storage node. But how do I define and
configure a storage node with a tape drive?  I have to be able to tell the
Networker server that the storage node has a tape drive.  And I'm confused
on how to create that device. Do I make an entry "rd=clientname:\\tape0"?
when I create that device?

And when I do a restore, how do I specify that I want the recover to run
from this storage node?

Sorry if these same like simple questions.

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM