Networker

Re: [Networker] Confused about parallelism

2009-11-13 02:54:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] Confused about parallelism
From: "Abad Uriarte, Arkaitz" <arkaitz.abad AT EHU DOT ES>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:52:05 +0100
Hello;

If you want , in 7.4.4, you can select which drives are used by pool.

In propieties of pool in Select criteria--> Target device --> device, you select what drive is used by that pool.

With it you lose the ability to use all the drives when they are free for that pool

Arkaitz
ARKAITZ ABAD URIARTE

Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea              Email: arkaitz.abad @ehu.es
Bizkaiko I.I.S.I.G                         Tel. : 94 601 8390
Aurreztu papera. E-posta hau inprimatu beharra daukazu?

MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV> escribió:

Assuming 2 pools, and 8 tape drives - I want to limit the number of
concurrent drives that any 1 pool can use to 5. I thought setting the
library max parallelism to 5 would accomplish that for me. But that turns
out not to be the case. I've re-read about client, server and savegrp
paralleism, but they all seem to refer to numbers of savesets running at
the same time. But I want to limit the max number of devices that a pool
can write to at any one time.; I'm not so worried about the number of
savesets running at the same time.

I could, of course, assign specific tape drives to specific pools, But I
thought for sure there was a way to do without hard-coding specific drives
to specific pools.

Pointer, anyone?

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM

To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with this list. You can access the archives at http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or