Networker

Re: [Networker] network edition vs power edition

2009-11-12 11:41:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] network edition vs power edition
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 11:39:09 -0500
Craig Faller wrote:
The only difference now days is the "Grunt" factor (excuse my tech
speak) hehe

Everything else is the same.

Power Edition
Parralel datastreams per Networker Server       64  ( also 32 per SN )
Number of Devices                                       32 per Server
and/or SN
Cluster Support                                 server/Client

Network Edition
Parralel datastreams per Networker Server       32  ( also 32 per SN )
Number of Devices                                       16 per Server
and/or SN
Cluster Support                                 Client Only

If you have two storage nodes, and you're not backing anything up to the server itself (e.g., the server doesn't have a tape library) then would that be 32+32=64 total? If you're are backing up data to the primary server then would that be 32+32+32=96? Or is the case that the total parallel data streams to the snode combination never exceed the 32 limit?