Networker

Re: [Networker] adv_file event error "Failed to fetch the saveset structure..."

2009-11-10 18:55:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] adv_file event error "Failed to fetch the saveset structure..."
From: Matthew Huff <mhuff AT OX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 18:53:56 -0500
It may be on the ftp site, but more likely you have to open up a trouble ticket
to get the patches. And to call them patches is an generous statement. Usually
it's a tar/zip file with a bunch of binaries that you have to copy by hand to
the correct location and set the correct acl (or write a script to do so).

Is it me or does it seem that 7.4/7.5 need a lot more one-off patches than any
two releases legato has ever had? And I started using Legato 17 years ago, so
it's been a while.  EMC really needs to either come up with a more frequent
release schedule (7.4.6/7.5.2 anyone) or develop a one-off patch subsystem to
help deploy these patches.

----
Matthew Huff       | One Manhattanville Rd
OTA Management LLC | Purchase, NY 10577
http://www.ox.com ; | Phone: 914-460-4039
aim: matthewbhuff  | Fax:   914-460-4139