Networker

Re: [Networker] adv_file event error "Failed to fetch the saveset structure..."

2009-11-10 14:03:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] adv_file event error "Failed to fetch the saveset structure..."
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 06:01:37 +1100
On 11/11/2009, at 05:51 , Francis Swasey wrote:

> On 11/10/09 1:32 PM, Preston de Guise wrote:
>> On 11/11/2009, at 02:59 , John Brekelbaum wrote:
>>

>>> Anybody seen this error "Adv_file warning: Failed to fetch the
>>> savesets(ss_t) structure for ssid <SSID> before?  Not me...
>>>

>> Yes - it normally accompanies manual deletion of savesets from a disk backup
>> unit.
>>

> Wonderful!  That means that EMC ported the problem into 7.4.5 but not the
> fix!
> I am seeing the errors happening when data is being staged off AFTD's by
> networker -- not from manual deletions.  At the point where the clone has
> finished and the old copy is purged from the AFTD, those messages go
> screaming past on the NMC Monitor/Log display.

It may be too much to hope that the fix is in 7.4.5.2.

It's concerning that the error is cropping up during regular staging
activities. I'd suggest it should be logged as an urgent bug with EMC.

Cheers,

Preston.

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy":

http://www.amazon.com/Enterprise-Systems-Backup-Recovery-Corporate/dp/1420076396

http://www.enterprisesystemsbackup.com

NetWorker blog: http://nsrd.wordpress.com