Networker

Re: [Networker] nsradmin scripting

2009-11-09 19:24:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsradmin scripting
From: Howie Jock <Jock.Howie AT NZPOST.CO DOT NZ>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 13:23:11 +1300
Jeff

If you use
  show name; save set; group
  p type: NSR client; name: maitprodsql1; group: SQLLogs; save set:
    "MSSQL$TESTSQL2005:DR_TEST_DB_Test1"
do you get the list of servers you expect (in this case maitprodsql1)?

You might need to escape the $ in your save set list, or you might leave
the save set list out altogether, having sufficiently specified the
client

Regards
Jock Howie

I have a script to change the backup command

#!/bin/bash
nsradmin -i - <<EOF
. type: NSR client; name: maitprodsql1; group:SQLLogs; save set:
"MSSQL$TESTSQL2005:DR_TEST_DB_Test1"
update backup command: "nsrsqlsv"
EOF

which gives me this output

[root@maitop2 /]# 30mins.sh
Current query set
no resources to update!

And doesn't make the change...

If I run the lines manually

I get this

[root@maitop2 /]# nsradmin
NetWorker administration program.
Use the "help" command for help, "visual" for full-screen mode.
nsradmin> . type: NSR client; name: maitprodsql1; group:SQLLogs; save
set: "MSSQL$TESTSQL2005:DR_TEST_DB_Test1"
Current query set
nsradmin> update backup command: "nsrsqlsv"
              backup command: nsrsqlsv;
Update? y
updated resource id
1.90.7.11.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.74.204.18.70.10.150.8.164(258)
nsradmin>

>From what I can see nsradmin requires a confirmation which I cannot
provide in the script, is this a show stopper of have I missed
something...

Regards

Jeff

This email with any attachments is confidential and may be subject to legal
privilege.
If it is not intended for you please reply immediately, destroy it and do not
copy, disclose or use it in any way.