Networker

[Networker] "nsrck -L7" asks for another tape?

2009-11-06 16:02:14
Subject: [Networker] "nsrck -L7" asks for another tape?
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 15:57:44 -0500
NW 7.4.2, Win 2003.

Having a problem. I was out for 2 days, and something horrid happened to
the NW media db. What, I don't know. But support had my boss completely
blow it away, and told us to do the "mmrecov / nsrck -L7" route. We save
all indexes onto a single bootstrap tape, with the "savegrp -o" command.
So I have that tape loaded.

The mmrecov went OK. I started the nsrck -L7, and it was progressing.
(come odd messages about "Some file attributes were not recovered:", but
it was proceeding. Now, however, it seems stock, and the NMC log shows
that it is waiting for a whole other tape. A bootstrap tape made 2 weeks
before the currently loaded tape.

Why would it want an older bootstrap tape, rather than the one made 4 days
ago?
The client it is trying to recover the index for is an old one that I
don't need anymore. We've physically retired that server, although I kept
the client definition, in case I needed to restore from it. Is there any
way to tell NW to skip over that client?

Still waiting for support to get back to me. I'd hate to have to back out
of all the "mmrecov" steps, just so I can get a backup tonight. AND we're
scheduled to upgraded our NetWorker server and 9 storage nodes to 7.4.5
tomorrow .. and I can't change that schedule now.

Any thoughts, anyone?

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM