Networker

Re: [Networker] Does the NMC user/group have to be defined locally?

2009-11-05 17:29:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] Does the NMC user/group have to be defined locally?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 17:25:03 -0500
Goslin, Paul wrote:
Not sure about Linux, but on our Win2003 NW server, the server process
has to be started before the NMC (gst) process is started. The NMC
process is dependent on the server process.. Whenever I stop the server
process, it warns that both nsrexecd and the gst processes are dependent
on the server process and will also be stopped..

Does the NW software have to be running in order to install NMC? I know I won't be able to run it, but can I do the install without starting any of the NW processes?

I'd prefer not to start the NW software just yet as this will start the clock ticking on the built-in 30 day license, but I would like to install NMC before then is possible.

 I don't think you have to create a local user/group, you can use an
existing one with no privs...