Networker

Re: [Networker] Does the NMC user/group have to be defined locally?

2009-11-05 15:28:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] Does the NMC user/group have to be defined locally?
From: "Clark, Patti" <clarkp AT OSTI DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 15:23:13 -0500
The user and group are used to run the software and so must remain post
install.  They don't need to be accessed from anywhere else, therefore don't
need to be in NIS, only local files.  There is no need to provide a password,
lock the account.  Make sure that the user account doesn't expire or NMC will
cease to run on a reboot.

Patti Clark
Sr. Linux System Administrator
DOE/OSTI