Networker

Re: [Networker] backing up in DMZ

2009-11-04 19:03:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] backing up in DMZ
From: Kate McDonald <katishnamcdonald AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 19:48:43 -0400
Also, keep in mind that the ports on the server will need to be limited too.
We had to open up ports 7937-7940 outbound to the client on the firewall,
and limit the client to those ports. Then on the server and storage nodes we
limited the port range as well (I think for our environment it was
7937-8020) and let only those ports inbound. Plus if you are using Avamar
for deduplication through Networker you need port 27000 inbound and outbound
as well.

We spent a week and a half fighting with this issue, hope yours goes better
than ours did.

Kate