Networker

[Networker] User file deletions between incrementals

2009-10-28 17:00:07
Subject: [Networker] User file deletions between incrementals
From: Andi Weiderpass <axw AT AMS DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 16:45:49 -0400
Does anyone now how or if Networker tracks file deletions between
incrementals?

I have Networker clients installed on several Windows servers and I have
incrementals scheduled during the weekdays and fulls on the weekends.
Let's say a user deletes a file (intentionally) on a Tuesday and I have a
system crash on Friday.  To recover, I'll need to start with the full from
the previous weekend which will restore the deleted file. As I continure
to recover from the incrementals will the file be removed, at some point,
before I am all done?

Thanks,
Andi