Networker

Re: [Networker] How save set recover works? - HELP!!!

2009-10-27 20:43:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] How save set recover works? - HELP!!!
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 20:37:36 -0400
A Darren Dunham wrote:
On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 07:21:43PM -0400, George Sinclair wrote:
OK, so in this case, even though 2001 is a directory, it's still treated like a file as far as that rule?

This only applies when relocating, though, not when restoring to the original location, correct?

As far as I can see, you are correct in both cases.  But as I mentioned,
I'm mainly going off the docs here.  I haven't really tried to
investigate all the details here recently.
One thing I'm thinking of that I don't see in the docs is that the
"first common parent" can be anywhere if you're doing a normal (files)
recovery, but that it must be above the saveset if you're doing a
saveset recovery.

Yeah, they don't really cover that nor do they overtly state that it applies to directories, they just use the term 'files', but of course, in the Unix world, a directory is a file, but that's from the OS perspective.

Thanks for all your help, Darren!

--
George Sinclair
Voice: (301) 713-3284 x210