Networker

Re: [Networker] Sun Hardware

2009-10-23 21:08:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] Sun Hardware
From: David Magda <dmagda AT EE.RYERSON DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 21:04:20 -0400
On Oct 23, 2009, at 19:56, Eugene Vilensky wrote:

Desk staging will occur to a NetApp, where I believe A-SIS will be used for dedupe, and we'll be doing some kind of offsite replication via SnapMIrror.

NFS volume or LUNs?  If LUNs, how do you plan to manage free space
between ASIS runs?

Don't honestly know. It's a NetApp 2050 that's managed by another group (Storage/Backup; I'm Unix admin), so don't know the details off the top of my head. I'm in a moderately-sized field office, and Corporate HQ is another country. :)

Once things are up and running I can ask for details, but as I mentioned, the equipment hasn't fully arrived so I just have a vague idea on how things will work.