Networker

Re: [Networker] More NMC questions

2009-10-22 18:01:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] More NMC questions
From: John Terran <johnterran AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 14:57:47 -0700
Hi Paul,

You can download the latest JRE from
http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
JRE 6 Update 16

Also, if you don't want to use the browser to launch NMC, you can do this
command line
<JRE Installation>/bin/javaws http://yournmcservername:9000/gconsole.jnlp
Your browser executes this command

The reason why NMC asks for JRE path in the NMC installation is that command
line reporting requires Java.

I do believe NMC protects the passwords for NMC users

John