Networker

Re: [Networker] Finishing a hardware upgrade: which Legato version to install actully?

2009-10-13 15:52:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] Finishing a hardware upgrade: which Legato version to install actully?
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 15:46:55 -0400
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
10/12/2009 11:15:09 AM:

> Hello,
>
> Thank you John and Tim,
>
> I'll check the possibility of connecting the old library to the new
> server but, at this moment, I'm at thome and I don't remember if the
> new server has a SCSI card. I suppose that is not the case because it
> has now dual FC cards and 4-network cards :-(

I'm going to replace all my SDLT-600 drives with LTO-4. I will just delete
the library entry, and make a new one, with the LTO-4 drives. The
difference with my situation is that my NetWorker server is staying the
same - no hardware or OS upgrade. Just changing the library attached to
the server (via FC).

For restores, I have a stand-alone SDLT-600 drive that I plan to hook up
(via SCSI) to a storage node. Since a license is not needed for a restore,
there should be no licensing problems.

I've never run a recover from a tape device attached to a storage node,
but it should Just Work. (sez he, crossing his fingers)