Networker

Re: [Networker] mminfo slow to respond

2009-10-11 07:04:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] mminfo slow to respond
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 12:57:49 +0200
I have seen similar problems if your /nsr is on the same file system with an aftd device.

  What is the output of

df -h /nsr/mm
df -h /nsr/index
df -h /nsr/res

  And while the mminfo is running:

sar -d 1 10
sar -u 1 10

Rudy Munguia wrote:
Hello,

I am running a very simple mminfo query 'mminfo -avc xyz -r"volume"' in order
to find all tapes that contain savesets for the particular client. The first query took
about 20hours, the second took about 30, the third query has been running for 4 days now.

This is running on 7.4.4 on Solaris 9 on a Sun V440 with 4 Processors and 8GB
of RAM. It handles only about 300 clients. We have a total library of only
14,000 tapes.

I have about 50 more clients that I need to run this same query for.

Any suggestions?

-- Yaron.