Networker

Re: [Networker] mminfo slow to respond

2009-10-09 04:25:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] mminfo slow to respond
From: "Abad Uriarte, Arkaitz" <arkaitz.abad AT EHU DOT ES>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 10:20:16 +0200
other question.

why do you use -v option, verbose, with -r query ?

Arkaitz
ARKAITZ ABAD URIARTE

Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea              Email: arkaitz.abad @ehu.es
Bizkaiko I.I.S.I.G                         Tel. : 94 601 8390
Aurreztu papera. E-posta hau inprimatu beharra daukazu?

Rudy Munguia <rudymunguia AT ROCKETMAIL DOT COM> ha escrito:

Hello,

I am running a very simple mminfo query 'mminfo -avc xyz -r"volume"' in order to find all tapes that contain savesets for the particular client. The first query took about 20hours, the second took about 30, the third query has been running for 4 days now.

This is running on 7.4.4 on Solaris 9 on a Sun V440 with 4 Processors and 8GB of RAM. It handles only about 300 clients. We have a total library of only 14,000 tapes.

I have about 50 more clients that I need to run this same query for.

Any suggestions?

To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with this list. You can access the archives at http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or