Networker

Re: [Networker] Licensing

2009-10-08 15:21:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] Licensing
From: "HORWITZ, STANLEY R." <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 15:15:53 -0400
On 10 8, 2009, at 1:49 PM, dfields wrote:

> Is it possible to buy just a single "client connection" license?  In
> the past we've always had to buy them in quantities of 5, 10, or
> 25.  Our company has recently centralized purchasing and they have
> some kind of agreement with EMC, and now they are saying we have to
> buy a single client connection license at a time, but I don't think
> we can.
>
> I'm trying to get in touch with our EMC rep, but that's become
> somewhat confused as to who I need to contact since our company has
> this new agreement with EMC.
>
> Has anyone else ever heard of buying just a single client connection
> license?

Not me, but if this is possible, I would expect the annual maintenance
to be more costly then it is for bulk client connection licenses. In
my experience, the larger the bulk quantity, the cheaper per license
slot the annual software update and maintenance becomes. your best bet
though is to ask your local EMC account manager or reseller about this
option.