Networker

[Networker] Scanner - Scanning in a 6.0.1 tape in a 7.5 world

2009-10-07 18:17:55
Subject: [Networker] Scanner - Scanning in a 6.0.1 tape in a 7.5 world
From: Dennis Peacock <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 18:11:41 -0400
What is the overall concensus about scanning in tapes from another environment,
say Tru64 master server running Legato 6.0.1 to another Legato Master running
version 7.5 and on Linux A.S. 5?

Assuming that I can get the tape library working....what does the geek squads
here....say about this?

BTW, I have 33 Legato Master servers...all running different versions for
different customers...spanning from 6.0.1 to 7.5....with everything in between.

What about laying down Windows data from one server to the Linux A.S. 5 Legato
server running Networker 7.5?

We are trying to come up with a good migration plan of getting everyone off of
Networker and on to Netbackup. Here's our breakdown of Master Servers:

IBM Tivoli TSM - 2 masters
Backup Exec - 15 masters
Backup Express - 10 masters
Networker - 33 masters