Networker

[Networker] Delete NSR peer information?

2009-09-30 10:25:30
Subject: [Networker] Delete NSR peer information?
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 10:20:41 -0400
NW 7.4.2, Win2003

I'm seeing a lot of these, in my log now:

nsrexecd SYSTEM error: There is already a machine using the name:
"admnlts003.wrk.ads.pha.phila.gov". Either choose a different name for
your machine, or delete the "NSR peer information" entry for
"admnlts003.wrk.ads.pha.phila.gov" on host:
"admnman004.wrk.ads.pha.phila.gov"

My searches for "delete NSR peer information" seem to indicate to delete
invalid entries under "Localhosts" in the NMC. However, for *some* (not
all) the machines being complained about, I see 2 entries - one with just
hostname, one with the FQDN. And each of these hosts with 2 entries is a
storage node, I've noticed. AND they all seem to have an entry for my old,
no longer existing backup server (which I can't delete)

SO ... how to resolve this? Delete one of the duplicate entries?

And what of the non-duplicate entries?

What causes this, and how to resolve?

Thanks