Networker

Re: [Networker] SnapImage vs. PowerSnap

2009-09-23 09:09:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] SnapImage vs. PowerSnap
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 09:06:58 -0400
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
09/22/2009 11:23:03 AM:

> All,
>
> Over the past year, our file servers data has increased in size,
> Currently it is up to 26+ million files. Size is 1TB.
> Weekly full backup takes 48 hours to complete. [Rolling Eyes]

My main file share (on an HP EVA 8000) is close to 2TB, and I backup to
disk, and then clone to tape, in less than half that time. However, I
don't have 26 million+ files ...

> We have allocated adv_file type devices ( 4Gbps SATA disk LUNs from
> CLARiiON CX3-80) to all three file servers (windows 2K3 64 bit in
> MSCS) . So data flow is occurring beween LUNs over fibre and I think
> the throughput is really low.

I am backing up a set of SQL DBs now from my EVA, to a Overland 4000
(SDLT-600 SCSI drives, connected via fiber), and I am averaging over 80 MB
at the moment. These DBs are on the SAN, and are all Win2003 servers.