Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.x and Solaris 8

2009-08-28 04:14:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.x and Solaris 8
From: Eric Fabulus <efabulus AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 08:09:16 +0000
Hi

This may be stupid but are you sure that the packages installed on your Sun are
Legato Networker ones ? For Sun, there was Sun Solstice packages. You cannot
upgrade from Sun Solstice to EMC packages. You must desinstall them before.

Kind regards

Eric

> Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 01:36:17 -0400
> From: networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM
> Subject: [Networker] Networker 7.x and Solaris 8
> To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
>
> lance wrote:
> >
> > Not support Networker 7.5 ver on Solaris8 but you can install client agent
> > 7.5(Networker) on Solaris8
> >
> > sorry.. i think you have no way..
> > you have to upgrade server os version.. (Solaris 9 or Solaris10)
>

> Well, I brought this question up a couple weeks ago in another thread, since
> I have systems running Solaris 2.6 and 2.5.1 that just cannot upgrade - those
> are running the 6.x client...
>
> There are others here that are running the 6.x client and sending the data to
> a 7.4.x server, so I assume it may work for 7.5.x as well.  Pulling up a
> quick test Server and doing full backup/restore tests would be a good idea
> though (we're working on that here).
>
> --TSK
> sungak.net

> |This was sent by t.s.kimball AT gmail DOT com via Backup Central.

> this list. You can access the archives at

100% GRATUIT: tout ce dont vous avez besoin sur le net et sur votre PC !
http://www.microsoft.com/belux/fr/windows/windowslive/default.aspx