Networker

Re: [Networker] Low disk space on NW Server

2009-08-18 08:10:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] Low disk space on NW Server
From: James Pratt <jpratt AT NORWICH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 08:05:25 -0400
On
>> Behalf Of jpkelly
>> Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 5:35 PM
>> To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
>> Subject: Re: [Networker] Low disk space on NW Server
>>
>> Vooris, Josh wrote:
>> > Hey everyone.  I am running into a low disk space issue on one of
my NetWorker
>> servers.  This server is running Windows 2003 R2 with SP2, and
NetWorker 7.3.2 is
>> installed on the C: Drive.  I would like to move the NetWorker
installation to the D:
>> drive to free up space on the system partition, but the current lack
of space is
>> preventing me from logging into the server.  I would also like to
take this opportunity
>> to upgrade to 7.4.4.  I can access the admin share from another
machine, and I was
>> wondering if it would be possible/advisable to temporarily move the
client indexes to
>> another drive.  This should free up enough space to allow me to log
into the server
>> and uninstall Networker.  Then I thought I could copy the remaining
metadata to the
>> D: drive and install 7.4.4 pointing to the D: drive instead of the C:
drive.

>> > Does this make sense, and would it be a possible solution to my
problem?

>> > Joshua L. Vooris
>> >
>> > Storage Administrator
>> > Century Aluminum
>> > Global IT Support Services
>> > 115 East 2nd Street
>> > Owensboro, KY 42303
>> > Phone: (270) 852-2822
>> > Cell: (270) 315-4177
>> > E-mail: JVooris AT centuryky DOT com<mailto:JVooris AT centuryky DOT com>
>> >
>> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any
attachments, is for
>> the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential and privileged
>> information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If
>> you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by
reply e-mail and
>> destroy all copies of the original message.

>> ___
>> > This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security
System.
>> > For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email

>> ___
>> >
>> > To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu
and type "signoff
>> networker" in the body of the email. Please write to networker-
>> request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with this list.
You can access
>> the archives at http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or
>> > via RSS at http://listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?RSS&L=NETWORKER
>> >

>>      EMC Technical Bulletin
>> Go to the INDEX of Technical Bulletin Listings
>> <https://www.eng.utoledo.edu/ecc/secure-
>> docs/user/sun_docs/storageTekEBS7_4/bulletins/INDEX.htm>
>>
>>      405: How to Move the NetWorker Media Database and Client Indexes
>> a New Filesystem (UNIX)
>>      Purpose
>> This bulletin provides instructions for moving the NetWorker server's
>> media database, client indexes, and configuration files to a new
>> location. Use these instructions if the filesystem that contains the
>> //nsr/index/ directory is becoming full.

That's for solaris, here is the windows bulletin, appears to be for 7.4,
so you may want to upgrade first. You also may want to enlist EMC
Support's help, but that's just me being paranoid! :)

https://www.eng.utoledo.edu/ecc/secure-docs/user/sun_docs/storageTekEBS7
_4/bulletins/htm/308.htm

regards,
jamie