Networker

Re: [Networker] SQL Server 2008 Transaction Logs not truncated by backups

2009-08-13 15:03:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] SQL Server 2008 Transaction Logs not truncated by backups
From: Trey Clanton <TClanton AT PAYTEL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 14:59:57 -0400
I set up 2 groups with 2 client definitions. 1 runs at 01:00 FULL, 1 runs at
23:30 incremental every 4 hours. Both work according to NMC. However, the logs
on SQL Server 2008 are not smaller. I am also working with EMC tech support on
this issue and as of yet do not have a solution. 1 point of interest is that
the truncate_only option is no longer available in SQL Server 2008 which causes
client-side initiated backups using the Networker User for SQL Server module to
throw an error when you check the "truncate content before performing backup"
option.

I upgraded the module today to the latest/greatest release Version 5.2.1.299
and still no joy. It does however create this message early in the backup
process:

70857:(pid 5668):The -T option will be ignored, TRUNCATE_ONLY is not supported
in SQL 2008

Thanks

Trey