Networker

[Networker] Unloading Drives Problem

2009-07-28 08:15:35
Subject: [Networker] Unloading Drives Problem
From: psoni <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 08:04:51 -0400
I checked logs on the library but could,'t find any hardware issues.

This is really frustrating. Everytime MOVE MEDIUM failed error:5' for the
command `5'. occurs,  NMC either fails to unload the drive or marks the tapes
full.

We have enabled drives cleaning in Networker & CDI is on.

Also, there are no issues with the drives order.

I have no idea what's going on....

Any suggestions ?

Environment:

Networker 7.3.3 (Windows 2003 x86)
Three storage nodes ( windows 2003 x64)
QLE 2460 HBAs
ML6000 Tape Library (Firmware: 520G.GS003)
Four IBM Ultrium LTO-3 drives ( Firmware 85P8 )