Networker

Re: [Networker] Recovering an Index

2009-07-23 10:40:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] Recovering an Index
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 15:33:44 +0100
Buzz9991 wrote:
> Two years ago someone had the bight idea (as we were running out of space) to
> stop the Networker services and CUT the index subdirectory and paste into a
> different location, then restart the se services leaving an empty Index
> directory structure.
>
> All was well until the issue of trying to do restores from a period pre the
> moving of the Index subdirectories.
>
> Is there anyway of trying to merge the two directory structures into the one
> so thatr restores are now possible from dates before the subdirectory move.
>
> Any ideas would be really useful.

Yes this is fairly easy. When you run nsrck -L7 clientname, it merges an
index backup into the existing index. So this gives you a couple of
options. If you have an index backup from just before the old indices
were moved away you could just run nsrck -L7 specifying the date of the
backed up index. Otherwise you could swap the indices over (move the old
one into place) and run nsrck -L7 on a recent index backup.