Networker

Re: [Networker] reover index for a unix storage node

2009-07-23 03:58:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] reover index for a unix storage node
From: Andreas Steinberger <Andreas.Steinberger AT SUN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 09:52:53 +0200
Hi Kurian,

as far as I know is that only run scanner on the storagenode is possible. You have to use the option "-s <server>".

Regards,
Andreas

On 07/23/09 09:32, kurianv wrote:
Hi,
I dont know what happened to an index of one tape...it seems the index
information for 1 tape is missing or deleted by mistake. I want to run scanner
command in order to retieve the index. How can i run scanner command for the
device connected to an unix storage node of ours? I want to run without
connecting to storage node on my windows backup server itself.

Suppose for example I have 2 devices on my unix storage node they are :

rd=server : /dev/rmt/2cbn
rd=server : /dev/rmt/3cbn

Is it possible to run scanner command from backup server ?

Your suggestions wud be valuable ....

rgds,
kv