Networker

[Networker] Windows 2008 w/ Domain Services - Backup Suggestions?

2009-07-20 00:40:18
Subject: [Networker] Windows 2008 w/ Domain Services - Backup Suggestions?
From: JGillTech <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 00:32:09 -0400
I am currently running two Global Catalog servers for my domain.  I have the
following savesets configured:

C:\Users
C:\Windows\System32\winevt\Logs
C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles
VSS SYSTEM BOOT:\
VSS SYSTEM SERVICES:\

I hoped to simplify this by using the All save group, but was not able to
recover system event logs on an individual basis without restoring an entire
VSS save set (a component of the All saveset).  The ability to restore system
logs on an individual basis is needed... but there doesn't seem to be a good
solution.  By that I mean a solution that doesn't comprise flexibility.  Anyone
with a similiar configuration want to share their backup strategy (save sets +
rationale)?