Networker

Re: [Networker] NSR Reporter

2009-07-18 05:01:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] NSR Reporter
From: Thierry FAIDHERBE <Thierry.Faidherbe AT SKYNET DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 10:49:44 +0200
David,

>For example, I have a server that has 6 save sets:  C, D, System State,
System DB, System Files, ASR.  During the first 10 minute slice, nsr
reporter is showing me 8 sessions instead of 6.  The next 10 minute slice
shows 8, and the third and fourth slices drop down to 4 each.  Does your
logic also include control sessions?  I wouldn't think that the index would
be backed up during the first 10 minutes, but maybe I'm wrong.

Yes, same logic does apply : do a mminfo -q "client=xxx,savetime>1day ago"
-r "sscreate(22),sscomp(22),name" -ot
Look at start/completion time. Same logic does apply : it reports 8 sessions
instead of 6 due to
overlap of the ending ones and the new started ones.

How more save sessions are small (finished in less than 10 min), how more
you will see behaviour
with higher session amount than existing one.

Cheers

Th