Networker

[Networker] problem undestanding the basic of inquire -l output

2009-07-17 03:34:11
Subject: [Networker] problem undestanding the basic of inquire -l output
From: pereubu <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 03:25:30 -0400
I am trying to understand the simplest things about the output of the command
inquire. What does it mean? What I need is the basic to undestand what  info
this outoput is providing. In particular, what is [email protected]:ADIC    Scalar
24       310A|Autochanger (Jukebox), \\.\Changer0
                                           S/N: ADIC_1_C00027529
I could undestand that two drivers are enough, but this 3rd line in connection
with Ultrium jukebox what does it mean?

Maybe some site for beginners will be helpfull?

C:\Program Files\Legato\nsr\bin>inquire -l

-l flag found: searching all LUNs, which may take over 10 minutes per adapter
        for some fibre channel adapters.  Please be patient.

[email protected]:DGC     RAID 10         0326|Disk, \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE0
                                           S/N: xxxxxxxxxxx
                                           WWNN=YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

                                           PORT=00000004
[email protected]:DGC     RAID 10         0326|Disk
                                           S/N: xxxxxxxxxxx
                                           WWNN=6006016049AD1C00F43C5B1EDEF1DD11

                                           PORT=00000002
[email protected]:DGC     RAID 10         0326|Disk
                                           S/N: xxxxxxxxxxx
                                           WWNN=YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

                                           PORT=00000008
[email protected]:DGC     RAID 10         0326|Disk
                                           S/N: xxxxxxxxxxx
                                           WWNN=6006016049AD1C00F43C5B1EDEF1DD11

                                           PORT=00000007
[email protected]:IBM     ULTRIUM-TD3     64D0|Tape, \\.\Tape0
                                           S/N: 1210266394
                                           ATNN=IBM     ULTRIUM-TD3     12102663
94
                                           WWNN=500308C175E80426
                                           WWPN=500308C175E80427
                                           PORT=00000001
[email protected]:DGC     RAID 10         0326|Disk
                                           S/N: xxxxxxxxxxx
                                           WWNN=YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

                                           PORT=00000004
[email protected]:DGC     RAID 10         0326|Disk
                                           S/N: xxxxxxxxxxx
                                         WWNN=YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

                                           PORT=00000006
[email protected]:DGC     RAID 10         0326|Disk
                                           S/N: xxxxxxxxxxx
                                           WWNN=YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

                                           PORT=00000003
[email protected]:DGC     RAID 10         0326|Disk
                                           S/N: xxxxxxxxxxx
                                           WWNN=YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

                                           PORT=00000005
[email protected]:IBM     ULTRIUM-TD3     64D0|Tape, \\.\Tape1
                                           S/N: xxxxxxxxxxx

 ATNN=IBM     ULTRIUM-TD3     12102664
06
                                           WWNN=YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY