Networker

Re: [Networker] NDMP Authenticaiton setup problem

2009-07-07 16:23:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] NDMP Authenticaiton setup problem
From: James Pratt <jpratt AT NORWICH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 16:18:10 -0400
On
>>Behalf Of lookn4me
>>Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 3:57 PM
>>To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
>>Subject: [Networker] NDMP Authenticaiton setup problem
>>
>>Here is the output of the inqure command.  Same denial message as is
in the
>>daemon.log file.
>>For NDMP there are two passwords, one for ndmpd and the other is the
filer user
>>account access.  Which account/passwd is legato looking for?
>>
>># inquire  -N
>>Enter NDMP Tape Server name: ? namsn2
>>Enter NDMP user name: ? leg_bak
>>Enter 'leg_bak' password on NDMP host 'namsn2' (characters will not be
echoed):

>>Communicating to devices on NDMP Server 'namsn2', this may take a
while...

>>******************************************************************
>> ------      E R R O R     -------
>>connect auth: connection has not been authorized
>>******************************************************************
>>The NDMP connection is not successfully authorized on host 'namsn2'.
>>
>>Hi
>>
>>Try the command 'inquire -N {NetApp hostname}, and please post the
>>output here.
>>
>>Thanks
>>tl

Hi, seems like you just have a bad/wrong password - NW likely wants the
"ndmp" user account and passwd, not the filer's user account.

I tried it here on a celerra filer, and it listed out the defined ndmp
devs on the filer just fine - when I tried a known bad password, I got:

42597:inquire: connect auth: connection has not been authorized
42610:inquire: The NDMP connection is not successfully authorized on
host 'nas_filer'

Cheers,
Jamie