Networker

Re: [Networker] Upgrading

2009-07-07 05:53:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] Upgrading
From: "Khan, Sami" <sami AT ESSEX.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 10:45:26 +0100
Thanks Alec, we went for the upgrade and it went fairly well. For anyone
interested, here are the steps:

1.
nsrim -X
nsrck -m
nsrim -X
nsrck -L6 (takes a long long time)

2. Stop services

3. Make a DR copy of the folders index, mm, and res and also cut/paste
them to a different location on the same machine. So there is a remote
copy and a local copy (but not in the NSR folder). Uninstall 7.2.2,
install 7.4.4 on Backup Server

4. Uninstall 7.2.2 and install 7.4.4 on storage nodes

5. Make a copy of new index, mm and res folders, and paste back the
7.2.2 index, mm and res inside "nsr", add the license, and wait (could
be long depending on size of index) for Networker to read/rebuild the
indices. Please feel free to correct anything.

Everything came back to life as it was before so to speak, but there is
this message that keeps popping up when handling tapes: "Cannot find an
available nsrmmd service for operation on device \\.\Tape0 .....". Any
ideas ?

Regards,
Sami