Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker integrated Avamar de-dup schedules

2009-07-03 06:59:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker integrated Avamar de-dup schedules
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 06:52:10 -0400
> From: JKK <johannes.karlsson AT SKYRR DOT IS>
> Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 03:48:56 -0400
> To: <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
> Subject: [Networker] Networker integrated Avamar de-dup schedules
>
> Hi.
>
> Those of you who have been using Avamar to de-duplicate data into
> networker, how do you configure your schedules?
>
> Do you treat the de-dup backups the same as the regular non-de-dup
> networker backups in respect to incremental and Full?

I can't answer your question, but I do have a subsidiary question. We are
thinking of getting an Avamar device here. What is the advantage of tying it
into NetWorker, as apposed to using it standalone and using just the Avamar
agent on each client? From my perspective, if we use Avamar without
NetWorker, we can save a lot on annual maintenance because the Avamar agents
are free.