Networker

Re: [Networker] Avamar

2009-07-01 10:41:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] Avamar
From: Alec Effrat <anacreo AT gmail DOT com>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 14:36:18 +0000
Well if you would use the Avamar as an independant product and not make it a
dedupe storage node in NetWorker then you only have to buy one "Tape Out"
NetWorker client.   If you use it as an integrated Networker storage node then
yes you do have to pay for every client connection.

I'm not sure if EMC has quite finished the Tape Out feature though, ask your
EMC sales rep for its availability....  But in theory you can roll it
yourself....  2 TB avamar AVE, replicate 2TB to the AVE, shut the instance move
it to tape, rinse and repeat.

Alec
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T