Networker

Re: [Networker] Upgrading

2009-06-29 06:23:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] Upgrading
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 06:19:36 -0400
> From: "Khan, Sami" <sami AT ESSEX.AC DOT UK>
> Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 11:08:15 +0100
> To: <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
> Subject: Re: [Networker] Upgrading
>
> Thanks, I am assuming you agree with the steps I am planning to take for
> upgrades are good.

The steps that Preston outlined should also be included in your upgrade
plan. In fact, you can and should install the update enabler BEFORE you do
the rest of the steps. This is explained in the release notes.

Also, its a good idea to schedule a time to verify that you can restore data
on your clients after your updated servers and storage nodes have been doing
backups for a week or two.