Networker

Re: [Networker] mtime directive question?

2009-06-24 12:12:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] mtime directive question?
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 16:03:50 +0000
On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 09:49:34AM -0400, tkutil wrote:

> > I have a client side directive (/data/dir1/.nsr) with the following:
> >
> > +mtimeasm: .?* *
>
> When you say client side do I assume this is located on the server you
> are backing up. Does it have to be on the server or can I specify in
> my save set. I am having the same issue with 3 qtrees on a netapp san.

Directives are interpreted by the client, whether stored in a directive
on the Networker server, or in a file on the filesystem.

When you say you're backing up a filer, how are you doing that?  Are you
using NDMP?  Are you mounting it to a networker client and then backing
up the client?

Networker directives cannot be used with NDMP jobs because there is no
Networker client running.

> See my latest cry for help here...

So you are using NDMP.

Take a look at /vol/vol0/etc/dumpdates on the filer.  Do you have lines
in there that confirm you're doing level 1's as well as level 0's?  You
can also see the logs in /vol/vol0/etc/log/backup.  That will show the
level that the filer thinks it is doing.

Is it possible that all the files are getting changed so that the backup
size is correct? (common for a database)

--
Darren