Networker

Re: [Networker] browsing and retention policies

2009-06-16 13:38:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] browsing and retention policies
From: David Magda <dmagda AT EE.RYERSON DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 13:32:53 -0400
On Tue, June 16, 2009 10:27, Landwehr, Jerome wrote:
> we have shorter browse to keep the index at a somewhat manageable size
>
> we have a 2 year browse policy and 10 year retention
>
> the live index grows to almost a TB as is and any old restore requires
> reading the (old) index off of an old tape with nsrck -L7

If a save set exists, but it's not in the index, how would you know about
it? Does Networker keep it's client save set list in a separate database
than the browsable indexes?

The details are a bit sketchy in my mind: does Networker know about a save
set for a particular client(s) for as long as retention policy states, but
you simply can't get a pretty list of files and directories without the
browsing index?