Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker DPM backup blues - looking for possible options

2009-06-16 08:48:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker DPM backup blues - looking for possible options
From: "Clark, Patti" <clarkp AT OSTI DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 08:39:59 -0400

Thank you, Vincent.  I did have someone point out that the release notes
actually state that a Linux networker server will work with NMM,
although the Admin Guide contradicts that.

Stan - we did have to get EMC support to assist in getting things set
up.  We are not at 100% for backing it up, but I don't believe that NMM
is the issue at present.  We are using NMM to successfully backup the
regular VSS and file system partitions on the DPM server itself.  The
actual DPM snapshots are close, but I'm seeing a Microsoft error
indicating more than 64 volumes are being attempted.  I'm not a Windows
person and I am somewhat dependent on the Win SAs to provide the other
part of the trouble-shooting equation.

Also, to be fair, the set up was pretty close before the tech support
call.  The ultimate solution was to reinstall NMM and reboot the box.  I
forget that is a standard requirement for non-*nix systems ;-).  Anyway,
I'll post when we've got this functioning as intended.  Coordinating
people at my end is the biggest challenge at this point.

Patti
Wearer of many hats - Sr Linux SA, Enterprise Backup Queen, Purchasing
Agent, ...