Networker

[Networker] Slow recover of directories/files of DSA NDMP backup

2009-06-10 16:45:59
Subject: [Networker] Slow recover of directories/files of DSA NDMP backup
From: Matthew Huff <mhuff AT OX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 16:38:39 -0400
We have a Legato 7.4.4 server running on a Sun T2000 running solaris 10. It has
a dedicated gig-e connection to our netapp servers. We are doing DSA based
network NDMP backups of about 6TB of data on our netapps. We have tested
restores with no issues, but we are running into problems doing a directed
restore of about 65MB of developer file. There are about 200 files in the
directory. We could do a saveset restore but that would require temporary space
of close to 1TB which we don't have.
The restore operation has now been running for 5 days, and doesn't look to
finish anytime soon. Anyone run into this and have any suggestions?

----
Matthew Huff       | One Manhattanville Rd
OTA Management LLC | Purchase, NY 10577
http://www.ox.com  | Phone: 914-460-4039
aim: matthewbhuff  | Fax:   914-460-4139