Networker

[Networker] LTO2 tapes with L1 in label

2009-06-10 14:02:51
Subject: [Networker] LTO2 tapes with L1 in label
From: David Gold-news <dave2 AT CAMBRIDGECOMPUTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:49:38 -0400
I think it depends on the changer. Your problem is that the tape isn't showing up in the inventory--if you look at the output of sjirdtag, I assume you don't see the tape there, right?

I've run into this issue with smaller IBM changers before; tapes with the wrong barcode ending (L1 for LTO2 is 'wrong') simply didn't show up in the changer inventory, although the barcode was able to be read properly.

What kind of changer?

--Dave