Networker

[Networker] Oracle startup before backup ends

2009-06-10 09:38:19
Subject: [Networker] Oracle startup before backup ends
From: Ivan Barca <ivan.barca AT UNIQAGROUP DOT IT>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:30:35 -0400
Hi everybody,
             I have problems trying to backup oracle under unix tru64.
Before installing nw 7.3 everything was good

Shutdown oracle
Backup
Startup oracle

Now I've this problem:
I shut down oracle (scheduled process)
I run the backup (scheduled process)

 \ /

/cluster/members/member1/boot_partition
/cluster/members/member2/boot_partition
/var
/
/usr
/usr/users/oracle8
/usr/users/oracle9
/produeuro
/usr/users/pitagora/produzione
/exp/database

Some of these savesets never start because the backup fails (I can see it
from monitor-->groups)and the oracle instance goes up.
But in the meantime I can see a background save session still running.
And the group is still "interrupted"

Does anything change with the 7.3?
Is the 7.3 searching for a oracle instance up?

Thanks a lot fro your answers