Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker upgrade 7.4.4 - 7.5.1

2009-06-09 11:33:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker upgrade 7.4.4 - 7.5.1
From: Robert Brault <RBrault AT EDFINANCIAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 11:29:52 -0400
Problem #1:

I have had issues with refreshing of the application. If I leave the app
open on a remote desktop session and then come back the next day my
screen does not update for gui. I have to then close down the app and
re-open it for the gui to have the new information.

Problem #2:

When I first installed networker it was already attached to the domain
so the client name was called networker.domain.name. After installing
the latest 7.5.1 it change my client name to just networker. I had to
change my NDMP jobs to match the new name.

Problem #3: Separate yet equally important issue.

I upgraded to the latest version so that I could have a Server 2008 box
as a storage node. This worked. But, I have since found that snapimage
is not supported on for server 2008. They stated that they do not see
supporting it in the future neither.

-Robert