Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.4.4 - monitoring clone sessions

2009-06-05 13:27:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.4.4 - monitoring clone sessions
From: Mark Davis <davism AT UWO DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 13:21:26 -0400
As Vince has described, the issue with the NMC is known, and EMC has yet to do anything about it. I will certainly be putting in my request for enhancement with EMC.

Thanks to everyone who posted suggestions on scripting a session monitor. It looks like this will be my only option at this point. I've thought about using nwadmin from an older version, but would like to keep our configuration "officially supported" by EMC.

Regards,

Mark

Howard, Vince wrote:
Hi Mark,

I posted a query on this ages ago and got no response from the list, I also raised it with EMC (via networker_usability AT emc DOT com). I have
to say they were more forthcoming - even if they couldn't supply a
fix - thanks go to Michael Sevy and Barry Herman for their efforts.

Why should we be looking at scripts et al to supply information that
the NMC is supposed to supply anyway. Surely we should be applying
pressure to EMC to fix their software, we pay plenty for it! I've given
up using NMC to monitor clone sessions (including clone via nsrstage)
because if the monitor gets updated it's the exception rather than the
rule - I'm lucky I still have NetWorker Admin. installed somewhere so
I've got some clue what's happening with my clones.

I'll get off my soapbox now and put it away, hopefully for the last
time, I won't be looking after backups for much longer due to my being
redeployed elsewhere in the authority following a merger. Good luck
getting this fixed.

Best regards,

Vince
____________________