Networker

Re: [Networker] How to skip everything but certain files?

2009-05-28 17:41:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to skip everything but certain files?
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 21:37:27 +0000
On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 05:12:54PM -0400, George Sinclair wrote:
> The way they word it makes it a little ambiguous. I never thought about
> using 'uasm' itself in a directive. Also, the man page mentions:
>
> Walking ASMs traverse directory trees.  The skip, null, and nullasm ASMs
> do not walk.
>
> Does that mean that it will not descend?

I saw that and was worried.  My memory is that 'null' saved the name in
the index, but not the data.  So it did walk.  But 'skip' saved nothing
and did not walk.  I think testing is the best course of action.

> >I'd try something like this:
> >
> >null: * .?*
> >uasm: *.html
>
> I experimented with this by creating various '.html' files under the
> /data/dir1 directory and then running 'savegrp -n -l incr groupname'
> from the primary backup server to test to see how much would be
> reported. The '.html' files were large enough to generate reliable
> numbers. The results indicate that only '.html' files that exist at the
> top level of the directory will be captured, none further down.

You might try grabbing the 'save' command it's using and running that on
the client directly.  You can add the -v flag to get some per-file
information.  I can't remember if it displays the asm used.  I suppose
you could just add -v directly to the savegrp and that would do it for
you.

Just some ideas...
--
Darren