Networker

Re: [Networker] Having issues with "ALL" saveset

2009-05-28 15:36:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] Having issues with "ALL" saveset
From: James Pratt <jpratt AT NORWICH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 15:32:38 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: EMC NetWorker discussion [mailto:NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of jasondre
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 3:15 PM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Subject: [Networker] Having issues with "ALL" saveset

A little background before I ask my question.

Recently upgraded from Networker 7.4.3 to 7.5.1

We are a Windows environment, mainly running Server 2003.

We are starting to test and implement VMware in our environment.

Ok, with that out of the way, here is what I'm having an issue with.  We
recently deployed a server running VMware ESX 3i and on it we are
running a VM with Windows Server 2008.  I installed the Networker Client
on the Windows 2008 VM and the Networker Server sees it just fine.  I am
using the "ALL" save set to backup but am running into an issue.  It
seems that not everything that is suppose to be backed up is backed up.

For instance, when I use the "ALL" saveset on a server running Windows
2003, everything that is checked under the save set is backed up, but
only a small percentage of files are backed up on the server running
Windows 2008.  Does that make sense??

So, my question is, would this issue be because of Windows Server 2008
or would it be because it is a virtual machine?

----

Hello! - A client being a VM should not make any difference to NW unless
you are using VCB/legato integration module etc, -

What kind of errors/messages are you getting that lead you to believe
it's not being backed up properly/completely? VSS errors, or ... ?

Regards,
Jamie