Networker

Re: [Networker] Index vs. saveset browse/retention policies

2009-05-28 12:59:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] Index vs. saveset browse/retention policies
From: Len Philpot <Len.Philpot AT CLECO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 11:52:05 -0500
> Tim Mooney
>
> Sure, nsrmm will do that for you.  Look at the last usage synopsis in
the
> man page (or PDF docs of the man page, since it appears you may be on
> windows).  You want the -w and -e options, as well as the saveset ids.

I'm on Solaris, and the nsrmm man page refers to the nsr_getdate(1m) man
page for the date format. The only nsr_getdate man page is in section 3
and refers to the C function, not the user interface. I suspect the date
format should be along the lines of "24 hours", etc., rather than a policy
name. Do you have any examples of the date format, eg., setting it to a
week in the future? Is it relative or an absolute number of days, etc.?

Thanks.