Networker

Re: [Networker] delete old save sets

2009-05-27 17:46:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] delete old save sets
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 07:40:16 +1000
On 27/05/2009, at 22:07 , Cedric Spence wrote:

how do I delete you delete old save sets on a adv file disk from a certain range of dates? I have a disk that's full and I want to clear old data from
the disk.

I tried nsrmm command below but I am not sure if it deletes the file from the disk and also, I would rather used dates to delete a large group of save
sets.
This adv file disk is on a remote storage node{rd=mail1:N: \DiskBackup} and I
am running the command below on the networker server

C:\>nsrmm -d -S 3669516973
Delete file and media index entries for save set `3669516973'? yes

Bear in mind that if you delete by saveset ID alone, you'll delete all instances of the saveset, not just the one on disk. I.e., if you've got clones, they'll be deleted too.

Unless you are deleting aged savesets that only existed on disk, or "junk" savesets that were never cloned and you don't need, you should always delete by ssid/cloneid:

nsrmm -d -S ssid/cloneid

Cheers,

Preston.

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy":

http://www.amazon.com/Enterprise-Systems-Backup-Recovery-Corporate/dp/1420076396

http://www.enterprisesystemsbackup.com

NetWorker blog: http://nsrd.wordpress.com