Networker

Re: [Networker] server too busy for restores...

2009-05-27 10:27:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] server too busy for restores...
From: Thierry FAIDHERBE <thierry.faidherbe AT FOREM DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 16:24:15 +0200
Another solution could be to adapt your cloning/staging jobs
(that are reading from .RO AFD devices) to handle less SSID a time
and not a bulk set of SSID or volume to be processed.

Doing so, your recover requests will be spooled and
you will have less time to wait to have recovery/ies performed
than waiting cloning/staging jobs to complete.

Another advantage is, if you need to recover from a just
staged SSID, the volume will be online, mounted and nearly
at right tape position.

HTH

Th

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE
Backup/Storage & System Management

LE FOREM - Administration Centrale
Département des Systèmes d'Information

Boulevard Tirou, 104  Tel: + 32 (0)71/206730
B-6000 CHARLEROI      Fax: + 32 (0)71/206199
BELGIUM               Mail : Thierry.faidherbe<at>forem.be