Networker

Re: [Networker] delete old save sets

2009-05-27 09:40:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] delete old save sets
From: James Pratt <jpratt AT NORWICH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 09:27:05 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: EMC NetWorker discussion [mailto:NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Cedric Spence
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 8:08 AM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Subject: [Networker] delete old save sets

how do I delete you delete old save sets on a adv file disk from a
certain
range of dates? I have a disk that's full and I want to clear old data
from
the disk.

I tried nsrmm command below but I am not sure if it deletes the file
from
the disk and also, I would rather used dates to delete a large group of
save
sets.
This adv file disk is on a remote storage node{rd=mail1:N:\DiskBackup}
and I
am running the command below on the networker server

C:\>nsrmm -d -S 3669516973
Delete file and media index entries for save set `3669516973'? yes

---

I'm sure there are different ways to skin this cat, but you can get a
list of ssids by date for any/all clients that are recyclable using
mminfo :

Ie. Get a list of all expired (ssrecycle) ssids and cloneids from past 3
weeks on server for client.domain.com, and dump only the ssids to file
c:\ssids.txt

mminfo -av -q 'client=client.domain.com,ssrecycle' -r 'ssid,cloneid' -t
'3 weeks ago' -r 'ssid' > c:\ssid.txt

more ssids.txt

4227973753
3858903955
2449574662
4211197140
3842127352
4244750732
4144116390

Then , I (Being on windows 2k3) use Textpad32 (http://textpad.com) and
create/use a macro to make the resulting file look like

nsrmm -dy -S 4227973753
nsrmm -dy -S 3858903955
nsrmm -dy -S 2449574662
nsrmm -dy -S 4211197140
nsrmm -dy -S 3842127352
nsrmm -dy -S 4244750732
nsrmm -dy -S 4144116390

then run/copy and paste as either powershell or .bat file on nw server,
then when finished, run nsrim -X and changes should show in the GUI.

(I guess some people use MS Excel to accomplish this type of thing, but
I'm not putting MS Office on our backup server! ;)

I also added my MS powershell function that will do this based on client
name passed to function call at:

http://poshcode.org/1131

regards,
Jamie