Networker

Re: [Networker] Tracking Recovers

2009-05-26 17:24:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tracking Recovers
From: Roberta Gold <gold11 AT LLNL DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 14:18:07 -0700
Thanks for your reply ...

Roberta Gold wrote:
I am looking for suggestions. What is the best way to track recovers? Is there a report that can be run? Or does everyone just search the logs? Is there reason to track recovers? Thanks.
 --
 Roberta Gold

I just do a quick search of the logs, something along the lines of:

egrep ' starting read | done reading ' daemon.log | grep -v cloning

which should get you 90+% of the way there.

As to why, the primary reason that comes to mind is auditing. My main purpose of this search is for SAS-70 qualification. If you have servers from your Accounting department in the backup, I can also see the possibility of queries related to SOX.

--TSK

Tim Kimball
http:// sungak.net

|This was sent by t.s.kimball AT gmail DOT com via Backup Central.

To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with this list. You can access the archives at http:// listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or
via RSS at http:// listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?RSS&L=NETWORKER

--
Roberta Gold
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory